Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Jay at the library

We haven't been to storytime at the library in a long time, because Jay still doesn't like sitting through long story readings.  But he always loved the music and I've missed that for him.  This week we went to the pre-school storytime because we were babysitting our friend Lexy.  Jay didn't care for the books, but oh, the music!  He loved the music!  One of the songs involved jumping.  Jay can't jump yet, but he didn't know that he wasn't doing what the other kids were doing.  He was prancing.  I wish I could have captured the look on his face -- it was pure elation.  He was the very definition of happy.  He was prancing and dancing and laughing and clapping with complete abandon.  That is one of my favorite things about him right now -- he is not self-conscious.  He didn't know and didn't care that he wasn't perfectly following the directions to jump, but he loved feeling that he was part of the jumping group.

No comments:

Post a Comment